3 Eylül 2018 Pazartesi

A Trip by Truck from Belgium to Turkey; (Day 1)



Life on Trucks
I see Cagdaş at the truck station at our meeting point in Belgium. The last time I saw him, he was a child. He used to come to our grocery to buy some candies. Now, he is a big man. From a distance, I speak to him loudly; ‘’ Now, you look like your grandpa, Devud il Karkuta’’ He smiles and says; “I’ve been driving between Turkey and the UK for 8 years”. He wants to hit the road immediately. It’s a reflex of truck drivers. They have to be on the way. They shouldn’t waste any time and they should plan the next break time after some hours. Cagdas starts to explain things enthusiastically; ‘’My time is running out, I cannot drive more than 9 hours in a day. My tachograph doesn’t let me to do it.’’ I understand that tachograph is the machine that records all the moves of drivers. I have always wanted to know the lives of truck drivers. Is it like the way that looks from the outside?; Difficult and adventurous? What do those owner of the roads that spend their years out of their homes as modern nomads eat and
drink? How do they feel? What do they think while driving? What does being on roads mean to them? What is it like to live a life far from home and family? I can’t wait to have the answers...
Çağdaş starts to tell me everything with his soft Arabic and Turkish in two languages. ‘’ I had always wanted to be a truck driver. As a result of this, I never wanted to go to school. When I was 14, I stole my dad’s truck to travel with my friend. We had beers and zbib (raisins) among our legs and enjoying the huge truck. Ya Allah le hel iyyem (Strange days they were). I couldn’t go home for 3 days because of the fear of my dad. Fortunately, I got over the situation with two slaps on my face.’’ I am starting to observe the truck. Inside of the latest model truck is more comfortable than a car and it has wonderful
technological equipments. Bunks are really comfortable to sleep. I dream nice things during my sleep but when I wake up in the morning, I can’t remember easily where I am. Çağdaş has three different countries’ cell phones; Turkey, Germany and UK. I ask him the reason. He answers; “The most hated driver is the one who isn’t reachable.’’ I get what he means. I ask; “Do you love your job? He answers: Iywalla (Of course). This is my hobby and my job. I love it so much. The only thing that breaks my heart is missing my family. If I had started this job before I got married I would have never married or I would have married to someone from a European country. You know I don’t discriminate among people according to their religion or race.
I have a curious look at his mobile kitchen mounted outside of the truck. It is like a food box. I notice
some parsley, mint, surki and a lot of food and ingredients. He says ‘’ I cook every kind of meal here. You’ll see when we cook and eat soon.’’ He puts on different songs on after another and starts singing

loudly together. He says; ‘I have every type of music; Turkish, Arabic, English. After Ahmet Kaya, starts Azerbaijani song and then Beyonce. Songs change his mood. Sometimes he feels like a rebel. Sometimes (when he listens to Arabic songs) he remembers his hometown Antakya, our village and Syria. He feels sad. After then, he tells a funny and sometimes erotic stories about truck drivers.
We take a break in Koblenz. We meet friends from our village that I haven’t seen for a long time.  Tunç, Temin and Taylan are the guys who migrate to Germany after university education. Everyone tells their life story briefly. They all have a common point. Tunc contious; “We all have had poverty in our childhood and we have better life standards now. Homever, we miss our old days”. Is this a sign of getting old? Temin smiles and says;
“I make a lot of money here. I get used to life in Germany and I feel integrated. I do my best to make my children learn at least five languages. I want them to be World citizens. I miss my childhood, teenage years, our pure times and of course the old people of the village. We tell the stories of the interesting characters Yeves Yyeves, iL Sakra, Ahmet Suphi,ç Nayef Srayser how have already passed away. The laughs stop after a while and we feel the deep sadness. Temin says; ‘’Stakt ktir’’ (I miss a lot). I say; “You didn’t change. He smiles with his athletic body and says; ‘’ If you want to stay young, you have to be funny; you have to do sports and much sex. We all laugh loudly. We realize that our friendship continues like it has never ended. We take a photo in front of Wilhem Statue as we did the same one 16 years ago. Night time. He says; I call it; Ataturk Statue. That moment, I remember my father. He was working in an iron and steel factory near here 57
years ago. He didn’t stay so long in Germany. He came back soon. However, he took German technique, science and philosophy from here and he used that when he was raising us up. I learnt my first German words from him before I learnt Turkish. Strange, isn’t it? His spirit and memories took me here to study for master degree after long years. He must have guessed this moment. I hope, he is smiling at me now from somewhere.
Translated from Turkish By: Berdan Sönmez












16 yorum:

  1. Find truck driver jobs with better pay, benefits, and home time. Truck driving jobs with companies all across America. If you are a foreign worker hoping to work as a truck driver in the US, you may be served best by applying for a DriveMatch. According to DriveMatch.com, this is the best job option for truck drivers
    Moreover: https://drivematch.com/drivers/?_branch_match_id=806962940008739659

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Find Drivers Now DriveMatch helps you find qualified drivers based on your job requirements. Save Time and Money DriveMatch is the most efficient and cost-effective way to identify qualified drivers. Post jobs and find matching drivers.
    Moreover: https://drivematch.com/carriers/

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Do you need a loan .We are Legitimate and guarantee loan lending company. We render financial assistance with an interest rate of 3%. We loan funds out to individuals in need of financial assistance, that have a bad credit or in need of money to pay bills, to invest or start up business. Contact us via Email: pennymarkloanservices@gmail.com
    Services Rendered include
    *Home Improvement*Inventor Loans*Car Loans*Debt Consolidation Loan*Line of Credit*Second Loan*Business Loans*Personal Loans*International Loans.
    if interested in our services  Contact us via Email: pennymarkloanservices@gmail.com   
    Please Note: All interested individual must send a message to our email for urgent response and details to obtain a Loan.
    Best Regards. 

    YanıtlaSil
  4. The yearly business driver turnover rate has been at 90 percent or higher since 2012 so what can armada proprietors do to moderate this issue. Putting resources into maintenance is probably the best thing you can accomplish for your business, sparing time, cash, and bother.
    https://drivematch.com/4-reasons-to-invest-in-driver-retention/

    YanıtlaSil
  5. Here is your chance to obtain a financial services from our company. We offer the following finance to individuals-
    *Commercial finance
    *Personal finance
    *Business finance
    *Construction finance
    *Business finance And many More:
    and many more at 3% interest rate; Contact Us Via email: 24.7loanservice.org.co@gmail.com or via whatsapp.+15199628553,

    YanıtlaSil


  6. Hi Viewers Get your Blank ATM card that works in all ATM machines all over the world.. We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be used to hack ATM machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at stores and POS. We sell this cards to all interested buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $1,000 on ATM and up to $20,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card you order for, we are here for you anytime, any day. Email; (blankatm002@gmail.com) I'm grateful to Mike because he changed my story all of a sudden . The card works in all countries except, contact him now (blankatm002@gmail.com)

    YanıtlaSil
  7. Apply for a Loan from $3,000.00 to $10,000.000
    with no collateral required low interest rate as low as 2% Contact Us
    abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    YanıtlaSil
  8. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 8-10 Hours?
    Funding in less than 1 day?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Credit Card Clearance Loan
    *Debt Consolidation Loan
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....Contact Us At: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply.
    Regards,
    Muqse

    YanıtlaSil
  9. EASY LOAN PROGRAM 

    During these uncertain economic times, many people are finding themselves faced with a situation where they could use some financial assistance. Whether it be for an emergency, home improvement, consolidating debt or even a family vacation – a low interest personal loan is a safe and reliable way to meet your financial needs. At Alta Finance LLC, we specialize in Reliable and efficient Loan funding programs. 

    Kindly visit our website to know more about our services www.altafinance.org 

    Contact me via my personal email to know more about our lending process 

    Email: robertraymond@altafinance.org
    Whatsapp: +17026022533

    Thank you.

    YanıtlaSil
  10. Greetings to the entire public,
    I am Dr Derek Barlow, I am a man that have come to put away every thought / reason that is virtually in EVERY ONE'S MIND THAT ARE SAYING THAT THERE ARE NO RELIABLE LOAN LENDER'S ONLINE THAT CAN GIVE LOANS AGAIN / ANYMORE. As at now we all know that there are a lot of scammers searching for our legitimate documents to use for fraudulent act, So i Dr Derek Barlow HAS COME TO ANNOUNCE TO THE ENTIRE PUBLIC THAT I HAVE got some money to Lend out to serious,TRUSTWORTHY and Prospective CLIENTS THAT ARE IN NEED OF LOANS,any person/organization who HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR LOAN or LOANS AND HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE LOAN ON TILL NOW SHOULD send their contact or apply via email: derekbarlowloans@gmail.com OR derekbarlowloans@yahoo.com .Services rendered include; Refinance,Home Improvement,Investment Loan,Auto Loans,Debt Consolidation,Line of Credit,Second Mortgage,Business Loans,Personal Loans,Car Loan,Auto Loan, To mention but a few. AND I HAVE ALSO COME TO TELL THOSE BORROWERS THAT WILL APPLY FOR LOAN AND DO NOT PAY BACK THAT In the book Of Mark 8:36: 36 "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and forfeit his own soul?" I REFER YOU TO THE SAID BIBLE REFERENCE THOSE THAT HAS THE MIND OF RUNNING AWAY WITH LOANS THAT HAS BEEN GRANTED TO YOU IN GOOD HEART BECAUSE WE ARE ALL PASSING BY ON EARTH AS WE SHALL MEET OUR MARKER ONE DAY, ALSO GET IT NOTED THAT IF YOUR INTENTIONS IS TO COME AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR TRUSTWORTHINESS AND RELIABILITY OF GRANTING LOANS ONLINE IN RESPECTIVE OF YOUR LOCATION ON EARTH, I BET YOU YOU WILL BE CAUGHT AS OUR FBI AGENTS ARE ON GUARD. I WILL LIKE TO TELL YOU ALL ALSO THAT I HAVE COME TO WIPE AWAY THOSE TEARS THOSE ONLINE FRAUDSTER / RIP OFF ARTIST HAVE CAUSED TO YOU ALL IN THE NAME THAT THEY ARE LOAN LENDERS. SO THOSE IN NEED OF THIS LOAN FIRM SERVICES SHOULD SEND THERE CONTACTS TO ONE OF THE ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR URGENT ATTENTION. AND ALSO I WANT TO LET THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BEFORE NOT TO COMPARE THIS LOAN FIRM SERVICES WITH THE PREVIOUS ONE THEY ENCOUNTERED THERE SELF WITH IN THE PAST !! NOTE: YOU THAT IS ABOUT TO APPLY FOR THIS LOAN MUST HAVE Trust,Courage,Faith.BECAUSE THEY ARE THE KEY TO ANY TRANSACTION IN THIS WORLD !! AND IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THEM PLEASE AND PLEASE DON'T APPLY AS WE ONLY NEED SERIOUS MINDED CUSTOMERS HERE THAT ARE READY AND SERIOUS TO COMPLY WITH THE PROCESS OF THIS LOAN TRANSACTION WITHOUT GIVEN US ROOM TO SUSPECT THAT THEY FRAUDSTERS / ON-SERIOUS CUSTOMERS.

    YanıtlaSil
  11. Are you looking to Discount, Monetize, or create an immediate Non Recourse loan against a Leased or Purchased bank instrument such as BG,SBLC and Bank Drafts, We solely deal with real deals, real people and real Leased & Purchased Bank instruments that need real monetization. The Bank SWIFT Network is the Gold Standard that validates that your Leased & Purchased Bank instruments is real and it provides a respected industry platform where guaranteed settlement can be facilitated.

    Our contracts also include the monetizer returning the Leased bank instrument to the Issuing bank 15 days prior to the bank instrument expiration.

    Standby Letter of Credit Monetization LTV:

    *Leased BG/SBLC Monetization - 65% Non Recourse
    *Purchased BG/SBLC Monetization - 90% Non Recourse.

    Estimated Completion Time:

    *2-3 Days After Instrument Delivery on the SWIFT Networks.

    We also have trusted and long term business partners/providers who can facilitate issuance & delivery of bank instruments such as BG,SBLC,LC,DLC and Bank Draft at Lease Price 4% + 2% and Purchase price at 32% + 2% where 2% is agent and brokers commission.

    For further enquiries, we can be reached at the information below.

    Email: inquiry.trustedfinance@gmail.com

    Skype : inquiry.trustedfinance@gmail.com

    YanıtlaSil
  12. My name is Mohammed Ahsan I'm a financial Consultant of a reputable firm Operating out of the United Kingdom
    we provide Discrete Financial, Services for High Net Worth CEO's/Executives of Corporation & Senior Government Officials globally.
    What we do is Legal & within the ambit of the law but following the Leakage of the Infamous United Kingdom
    Papers & subsequent threat by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ)
    International Criminal Court (ICC)
    Below is what my Sender can offer.
    1, MT103 gpi automatic
    2, MT103 wire transfer
    3, MT103 TT
    4, MT103/202 manual download
    5, SBLC lease and Purchase

    All bank instrument will be done via bank officer to bank officer, Receiver has to provide bank officer details
    on DOA all brokers are welcome and guarantee of there payment after successful deal
    kindly send me a message via email and WhatsApp.


    Email: mohammedahsan877@gmail.com

    WhatsApp- +19893413179

    YanıtlaSil
  13. I really appreciate your post, and you explain each and every point very well. Thanks for sharing such information. Hiring Full Time AZ Truck Drivers in Woodstock

    YanıtlaSil
  14. QUICK EASY EMERGENCY URGENT LOANS LOAN OFFER EVERYONE APPLY NOW +918929509036 financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Dr. James Eric

    YanıtlaSil
  15. Private Lender Benex Funding Group Ltd.
    We are a Athens-Greece based investment company known as Benex Funding
    Group Ltd working on expanding its portfolio globally and financing
    projects.
    We would be happy to fund and invest with you in any profitable project if you have any viable project we can finance by making mutual
    investment with you. If you are interested, kindly contact us on: bentexgroup001@gmail.com for more details.
    Looking forward hearing from you soonest.
    Yours truly,
    Mrs.Helen Andrew.

    YanıtlaSil
  16. QUICK EASY EMERGENCY URGENT LOANS LOAN OFFER EVERYONE APPLY NOW +918929509036 financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Dr. James Eric

    YanıtlaSil